Click here to RSVP
“Power up Your Work Force: Best in Class Employer Strategies for controlling Workers’ Compensation costs”
7:30am – 8:15am Registration
8:15am – 8:30am Plated Breakfast Will Be Served
8:30am – 9:30am “Workers’ Compensation Fraud: An Update for Managing Risk in Today’s Workforce”
Presented by Tracye Sherrill from Lynn, Jackson, Shultz & Lebrun
9:30am – 10:30am “Ergonomics, Work Station Analysis and Job Analysis: Tools Every Risk Manager Should be Armed With”
Presented by Ernie Christensen and Darrin Ausman from Athletico Physical Therapy
10:30am – 11:00am Panel Discussion/Question and Answer
Following this program, you will be able to:
- Define the definition of workers’ compensation fraud.
- Interpret the “Ombudsman Program” and how it can be used to help the public better understand the workers’ compensation system.
- Summarize the actions every employer can take to minimize workers’ compensation fraud.
- Give examples of workers’ compensation fraud.
- Discuss the penalties for workers’ compensation fraud.
- List the primary health risks of an employee base that can increase injury claims along with benefit costs
- Summarize the risk factors of the job and of the worker.
- Present a protocol for “Ergonomic Analysis”.
- Prioritize common ergonomic assessment tools.
Athletico is providing this program to the Nursing community related to health care of patients and clients for the purpose of “Professional growth and development related to nursing practice roles in the workers’ compensation arena”.
- 2.4 Contact Hours will be awarded for this program by Des Moines Area Community College, IBN Provider # 22 for RN’s.
- CCMC, CRCC and HR CEU’s will also be awarded for participating in the program.
- There is no fee to attend.
- Please contact Darrin Ausman at email@example.com if you have any questions.