Physical Therapy 101: Understanding the Injured Workers Experience
Presented by Mitch Thole PT, DPT and Darrin Ausman, MBA, OTR/L, CHT, CEAS III from Athletico Physical Therapy
We will be holding this event on three dates during the remainder of 2017. Class size is limited to only two attendees per date so please sign up early to secure your spot
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Athletico Physical Therapy, 1704 Ingersoll Ave., Suite 101, Des Moines, IA 50309
11:30am – 12:00pm: Registration, introductions and lunch
12:00pm – 1:00pm: Program
Objectives: Following this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the steps required to administer an evaluation for physical therapy treatment.
- Summarize the modalities available to treat musculoskeletal injuries often seen with injured workers and how they work.
- Predict soft tissue healing times and length of stay in therapy.
- Give examples of treatment frequency and duration based on the different types of injuries.
- Report the scope of services offered through physical therapy to treat injured workers from point of hire to post injury and maximum medical improvement.
Target Audience: Insurance adjusters, occupational health nurses, medical case managers, risk managers, safety managers and other related fields of specialty. This program is specifically designed to provide a thorough understanding of what your claimants will experience during physical therapy to prepare them for return to work.
Athletico is providing this program to the insurance adjuster community related to health care of injured workers for the purpose of “Professional growth and development related to insurance adjuster roles in the workers’ compensation arena”.
- CCMC and CRCC CEU’s will also be awarded for participating in the program.
- There is no fee to attend.
Please contact Darrin Ausman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions