Athletico Opens Facility in Chatham/South Chicago Area
Chatham/South Chicago-area residents who have pain from an accident, sports injury or even just everyday activities now have a new resource with the opening of Athletico Physical Therapy at 1747 East 95th Street on the South Side of Chicago. Athletico Chatham/South Chicago offers physical therapy, sports medicine, work rehabilitation, work conditioning, functional capacity evaluations, and video gait analysis. Transportation services are also available for those patients who require transportation assistance. The center also has bilingual staff.
Niraj Vora, PT, DPT, serves as the facility manager and treating physical therapist for the Chatham/South Chicago facility. Vora graduated with a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology from Louisiana State University and went on to attend Washington University in St. Louis where he received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy. He began his career as a physical therapist in 2006 working at both Athletico Schaumburg and Athletico Irving Park before transitioning to Chatham/South Chicago.
“The Chatham area represents a population of people who may not have exposure to physical therapy, what it is, and how it can help,” says Vora, who is Graston-certified and trained in video gait analysis. “There is also a sense of community in the area that is different than the North Side of Chicago. The thought of merging those two things, while at the same time making Athletico a contributor to the South Chicago community by providing a needed service, is exciting and intriguing.”
Vora is a member of Athletico’s Endurance Program and is experienced in the treatment of running-specific injuries and conditions, having completed two marathons and several half-marathons himself. His interest in becoming a physical therapist began after suffering two sports-related injuries growing up.
“Personally, it is satisfying to see the positive changes in people’s lives as they improve,” he says. “It is extremely fulfilling to see someone be more independent in doing things, to have control over their function, and to generally feel like their life is getting better. That happens every day in physical therapy.”
Athletico Chatham/South Chicago provides the community quality care and convenience through the following means:
- Patient outcomes reporting using a third-party outcomes system to provide measurable data on a patient’s progression that is discussed throughout the course of treatment
- Patient satisfaction reporting throughout treatment in order to better understand and respond to patient needs while they are still receiving rehabilitation services, rather than after a patient is discharged
- Convenient hours including early mornings, evenings, and Saturdays
- Prompt scheduling of each initial evaluation within 24-48 hours of the patient’s phone call
- Ongoing patient education on diagnosis, treatment plans, and prescribed home-exercise programs
- Clear, consistent communication between therapist, physician, and patient regarding progress
Athletico Chatham/South Chicago
1747 East 95th Street
Chicago, IL 60617
Phone: 773-375-8711 / Fax: 773-375-8703