Athletico Physical Therapy Opens Hand Therapy Clinic in St. Louis, Missouri
Saint Louis, Mo. —Athletico has opened its 30th location in St. Louis this week. The Butler Hill Hand Therapy clinic opened on Monday, May 9th, at 5201 Midamerica Plaza, Ste. 2600, 63129, on the campus of Washington University’s Center for Advanced Medicine – South County. Athletico is excited to continue expanding in St. Louis.
“This location is unique,” stated Facility Manager and Certified Hand Therapist, Kathy Dahm, OTR/L, CHT. “I am providing specialized Hand Therapy services and care for patients with hand, wrist, and upper extremity injuries and disorders.”
Kathy has been with Athletico, formerly PRORehab, since 1997. She’s a veteran Hand Therapist and her experience involves working with patients of all ages with multiple types of injuries – from severe tendon injuries in injured workers to the aging population- treating pain from arthritis, or fractures due to slips and falls.
“I work with patients on improving function after an injury or surgery. Dynamic activities like pinching and gripping for work and daily activities are one type of goal we set. At the other spectrum, I teach patients who have permanent impairment how to achieve maximal available function.”
Services available at Athletico Butler Hill Hand Therapy include:
- Hand Therapy – Personalized treatment plans, including custom orthoses/splints, wound care and patient education for injuries or disorders surrounding the finger, wrist, elbow or shoulder.
- Workers’ Compensation – From the time of injury to case closure, our rehabilitation services are cost-effective and timely. This service educates employees on safe work habits and injury prevention.
- Complimentary injury screenings – A 30-minute free assessment performed by a licensed clinician who can review an injury or problem to your musculoskeletal complaint, as well as, assess movement impairments and discuss how this is affecting activities of daily living. Please note, restrictions apply. To learn more, or to schedule a complimentary injury screening, visit athletico.com/ButlerHill or email ButlerHill@athletico.com
Additionally, Athletico Butler Hill Hand Therapy will provide:
- Convenient hours include early mornings, and evenings.
- Prompt scheduling of each initial evaluation within 24-48 hours of the patient’s phone call or online request.
- Ongoing patient education on diagnosis, treatment plans and prescribed home-exercise programs.
- Clear, consistent communication between therapist, physician and patient regarding progress.
Athletico Butler Hill Hand Therapy Clinic
5201 Midamerica Plaza | Suite 2600
St. Louis, Missouri | 63129
Phone 314-487-7000| www.athletico.com/ButlerHill
Athletico provides physical therapy and occupational therapy throughout nine states at over 340 facilities. Please visit athletico.com to find a location near you and to learn more about how Athletico measures patient outcomes and satisfaction to reach higher levels of care. To request an appointment or a complimentary injury screening online, visit athletico.com/appointments. For questions regarding an orthopedic or sports injury, call 1-877-ATHLETICO (1-877-284-5834).