Global Work Comp Events
Join us for PT & Pancakes!!
December 1st from 8:30-9:30am
LaPeep Restaurant at Fashion Mall Location: 8487 Union Chapel Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46240
Physical Therapy 101: Understanding the Injured Workers Experience
Presented by Mitch Thole PT, DPT and Darrin Ausman, MBA, OTR/L, CHT, CEAS III from Athletico Physical Therapy
We will be holding this event on three dates during the remainder of 2017. Class size is limited to only two attendees per date so please sign up early to secure your spot
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Athletico Physical Therapy, 1704 Ingersoll Ave., Suite 101, Des Moines, IA 50309
11:30am – 12:00pm: Registration, introductions and lunch
12:00pm – 1:00pm: Program
Objectives: Following this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the steps required to administer an evaluation for physical therapy treatment.
- Summarize the modalities available to treat musculoskeletal injuries often seen with injured workers and how they work.
- Predict soft tissue healing times and length of stay in therapy.
- Give examples of treatment frequency and duration based on the different types of injuries.
- Report the scope of services offered through physical therapy to treat injured workers from point of hire to post injury and maximum medical improvement.
Target Audience: Insurance adjusters, occupational health nurses, medical case managers, risk managers, safety managers and other related fields of specialty. This program is specifically designed to provide a thorough understanding of what your claimants will experience during physical therapy to prepare them for return to work.
Athletico is providing this program to the insurance adjuster community related to health care of injured workers for the purpose of “Professional growth and development related to insurance adjuster roles in the workers’ compensation arena”.
- CCMC and CRCC CEU’s will also be awarded for participating in the program.
- There is no fee to attend.
Please contact Darrin Ausman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
On Thursday, December 7, 2017 Athletico Physical Therapy Presents:
Kern Singh, MD from Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
Please join Athletico Physical Therapy’s Work Comp team for our DINNER WITH THE DOC featuring Dr. Kern Singh, MD speaking on Concepts and Treatments of Lumbar Spine. Enjoy dining & networking with you colleagues and a chance to earn CEU’s.
5:30 – 6:00pm–Registration & Hors d’oeuvres
6:30 – 7:30pm–Presentation followed by Discussion with Q & A
The Clubhouse | 298 Oakbrook Center | Oak Brook, IL 60523
• Registration deadline is one week prior to the event • Space is limited, first come first serve • One CEU will be provided for IL RN/CCMC/CRCC
Questions? Call Lauren Bugielski at 630-575-6228
Please bring one unwrapped toy if you’d like to join us in supporting The Chicago Fire Departments’ Ignite The Spirit holiday toy drive benefiting local children’s hospitals and Chicago Fire Department families!