Weekday Physical Therapists Now Seeing Springtime Weekend Warriors
Now that spring is fully underway and temperatures are slowly on the rise, we’re spending more time outdoors and participating in physical activity. “Weekend Warriors” are people who are out on the field or just having a catch in the backyard; are planting their garden and picking up their children and grandchildren. Make sure your body is ready for the season and read the full story!
Chicago Athlete Showcases Laura Gleason
Ask enough runners about their goals while training for a race, and you’ll likely hear a common theme: “Stay healthy.” From mild shin splints to chronic plantar fasciitis to debilitating stress fractures, injuries can do everything from temporarily cramping your running style to knocking you out of the game for months. Read the full story!
Chicagoland’s Best Places To Work
Every year, the Tribune names its 100 Top Workplaces in Chicago. As we get ready to publish another workplace report this year, we have asked last year’s top companies to share the secrets to their success. Athletico Physical Therapy won’t let its guard down. Read the full story!
Athletic Trainer Saves a Life!
Elgin Community College sophomore Zach Cooper might have died on the basketball court last week had it not been for the quick response of certified athletic trainer Alicia Mikulski, armed with an automatic external defibrillator. Read the full story.
Athletico at the 5th annual USA rugby International Sports Medicine Symposium
Athletico past, present and future were well represented at the 5th Annual USA Rugby International Sports Medicine Symposium. The conference sponsored in part by Athletico is the only one of its kind in the world. Bringing in an international group of presenters at the forefront of Rugby Medicine. Read the full story!
Athletico’s Pam Lasky Appears on ABC7 Morning News
Athletico’s Pam Lasky, pediatric physical therapist at Athletico Highland Park, shared her experience working with pediatric patient Brady DeJong on ABC 7 Chicago Saturday Morning News! Check out the segment here.
Athletico’s Mike Porters Spotlighted by GLATA
Congrats to Athletico’s very own, Mike Porters ATC, for being spotlighted by Great Lakes Athletic Trainers’ Association! Mike is the Head Athletic Trainer at Elk Grove High School in Elk Grove Village. Check out the full spotlight here.
Athletico’s Amy Malone & Daphne Scott Appear on Fox Chicago News
In case you missed it, Athletico’s Amy Malone, physical therapist at Athletico Bucktown, and Daphne Scott, Regional Manager, appeared on Fox Chicago News to discuss exercise and injury prevention tips as New Year’s resolutions kick in! Watch the segment here.
Athletico Announces Inaugural Coach of the Year Award Winner
Athletico announced the winner of the inaugural Coach of the Year Award. The 2013 award was presented to David Inserra, Head Coach of the Maine South High School varsity football team. In addition to receiving a plaque, Coach Inserra received four tickets to the Big Ten Football Championship game held on December 7, 2013 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, as well as hotel accommodations for the evening. Read the full story here.
Athletico Physical Therapist Interviewed in Chicago Tribune
Athletico’s Adam Wille, Facility Manager at Athletico Gold Coast, was interviewed by the Chicago Tribune regarding meniscus tears and the rehabilitation process following this type of injury. Read the full article here.
Athletico Staff in the Community
- Athletico’s endurance experts were recently on-site to provide post-race stretching at the inaugural Mo Run and Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run.
- Athletico staff were recently on-site to provide post-race stretching at the Evanston Turkey Trot and Addison Park District Turkey Trot.
- Athletico Niles and Athletico Portage Park worked the concession stand at the Notre Dame vs. St. Pat’s basketball game on 12/20/13. There was also a raffle held for Bulls tickets. In order to participate in the raffle, people were required to make a donation or bring a non-perishable item to donate to a local youth shelter.
- Friday, January 24th was Athletico Night at Highland Park High School for the basketball game between Highland Park High School and Deerfield High School. Game ball was presented by Kevin Makey, Facility Manager of Athletico Highland Park, Bill Love, Facility Manager of Athletico Bannockburn, and Payten Gerjerts, Manager of Athletic Training Services. Highland Park staff was also on hand with poster-making and giveaways.
- Athletico Silvis and Athletico Woodstock held ribbon cutting ceremonies to celebrate their openings in December.
- Career Prep students from Chicago Light Tutoring visited Gold Coast for a discussion on the physical therapy profession and the work done at Athletico. Adam Wille, Facility Manager, demonstrated how staff works with clients and further explained the various types of knee injuries suffered by athletes. Nathan Perez, personal trainer at Athletico Gold Coast, explained his role working with clients and took students through some drills/exercises.