Athletico Physical Therapy Opens in Columbus, NE
Columbus, NE. —Athletico Physical Therapy partnered with Excel Physical Therapy in late 2017 with the goal of offering a higher level of service to patients. As part of the progression of this partnership, Excel Physical Therapy’s Founder Mike Berlin, PT and Columbus native (CHS class of 1973), is excited to announce the re-branding of the Excel Physical Therapy clinic in Columbus to Athletico Physical Therapy.
“We are excited about where we are today and where we are headed with Athletico as our partner,” said Mike Berlin, PT founder and owner of Excel Physical Therapy and now Regional Manager of Athletico Nebraska. “Excel has operated in Columbus since 1989 and also has clinics in Omaha, Freemont, Grand Island, Lincoln and Council Bluffs. Athletico has over 450 locations in 12 states.”
The Columbus clinic is managed by Mitch Stenger, PT, DPT with staff members Lori Preston, Office Coordinator and Cindy Wemhoff, Rehabilitation Aide.
To learn more, or to schedule a free assessment, visit www.athletico.com/columbusNE.
Services available at Athletico Columbus include:
• Physical therapy – Our physical therapists treat you to reduce pain, improve or restore mobility, and to help you remain at your optimal health without further risk of injury. We also offer joint replacement therapy, headache treatment, concussion therapy and more.
• Free assessments – If you have a strain, sprain or nagging pain, you can see one of our experts for a free, 30-minute assessment. We evaluate your injury and recommend treatment. Please note, restrictions apply.
• Work injuries – We are committed to helping everyone practice safety at work. Our workers’ compensation specialists are trained to assess workplace environments and worker behaviors to provide customized intervention techniques and programs. In addition to treating injuries that occur on the job, our services include work conditioning, ergonomics, post-offer/pre-employment testing and more.
Additionally, Athletico Columbus:
• Accepts all major insurance plans so you don’t need to worry about your visits not being covered.
• Offers convenient hours, including early mornings and late evenings.
• Schedules each initial evaluation quickly, sometimes the same or next day, but always within 24-48 hours.
• Provides ongoing patient education on diagnosis, treatment plans and prescribed home-exercise programs.
• Practices clear, consistent communication between therapist, physician and patient regarding progress.
Athletico Physical Therapy provides the highest quality orthopedic rehabilitation services to communities, employers and athletes in over 450 locations throughout twelve states with more than 5,000 employees. Athletico is committed to our patients and referring physicians through our patient-centric focus, positive work environment, attention to quality and high standard of care. Athletico measures patient outcomes and satisfaction and is dedicated to continuous improvement. Athletico was named #1 Workplace in Chicago, “Best Physical Therapy Practice in the Nation” by ADVANCE magazine, Top Workplace in the Nation and has been recognized as a leader in employee volunteering and charitable giving. Our services include physical and occupational/hand therapy, workers’ compensation, women’s health therapy, concussion management and athletic training. For more information, or to schedule a free injury screening, please visit www.athletico.com and follow us on Twitter at @athletico.