What is Athletic Training?
Athletic training is more than working with athletes. The service covers the prevention, evaluation and management of sudden and ongoing conditions that can impair your movement and abilities.
Athletico’s Certified Athletic Trainers
Our certified athletic trainers (ATs) are highly skilled health professionals who work under a physician’s direction to provide optimal healthcare for athletes. They know how to help you reduce the risk of injuries, provide care for a sudden injury and guide the entire course of your recovery. All of our ATs are licensed professionals whose education includes specialized training in human anatomy and physiology. Based on these qualifications, as well as the specific regulations to practice athletic training in many states, the AT is the most qualified individual, other than a physician, to manage high school and youth athletes’ injuries on a daily basis.
By working with our ATs, everyone involved in the continuum of care of student-athletes, from physicians to coaches to administrators and parents, can feel confident that a professional is caring for the health and safety of young women and men. Having a licensed AT available for emergency situations ensures athletes receive the highest standards of care when they need it.
Your Certified Athletic Trainer’s Background
In addition to their degree, our licensed ATs have fulfilled the requirements for certification (including passing certification examinations) established by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
Our ATs are required to have the following proficiencies:
- Injury/illness prevention and wellness protection
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis
- Immediate and emergency care
- Treatment and rehabilitation
- Organizational and professional health and well-being
Our Award-Winning Athletic Training Team
As one of the largest employers of athletic trainers in the United States, our ATs represent over 120 undergraduate and graduate institutions in the U.S. Our athletic trainers have more than 2,000 years of combined experience, each with an average of seven years of experience.
Because of our ATs’ dedication, we have received the following awards:
- NATA Public Relations – Best Athletic Trainer Effort Group (2018, 2019)
- Won “Best Athletic Trainer Effort in the NATA PR contest (2017)
- Athletico AT Tony Garofalo receives the NATA Athletic Trainer Service Award (2016)
- Achieved “Best Athletic Trainer Effort – Group” honorable mention for National Athletic Training Month PR contest (2016)
- Won Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association Public Relations Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
- Won National Athletic Trainers Association Best Grassroots Effort: Promotion of NATA Month Award (2013)
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School award for its athletics program at these high schools:
- Collinsville High School
Elk Grove High School
Evanston Township High School
Harlem High School
Hoffman Estates High School
Homewood-Flossmoor High School
James B. Conant High School
Kirkwood High School
Lemont High School
Maine West High School
Palatine High School
Prospect High School
Schaumburg High School
Waukee High School
William Freund High School
- Collinsville High School
Athletico provides Athletic Training Community Outreach to over 500 organizations throughout Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin including:
Request Athletic Training Coverage
As part of the Athletic Training Department’s mission, we look to provide the highest level of service to those we provide athletic training services to. Each year we work with a multitude of teams and special events throughout the communities we serve. Our company and dynamic staff take an active role in building better relationships for all our onsite presences.
The following guidelines are used in evaluating athletic training coverage:
- Requests will be considered if sent at least six (6) weeks in advance of the desired commitment deadline.
- Organizations must be based in the state of Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin or the event must be hosted in one of those states.
- Requests will be accepted via online application only.
If you feel your organization meets the listed guidelines, click the application button below.
Athletic Training Clinical Rotation/Internship
As a leader in supporting the athletic training profession, Athletico offers students unpaid observation/internship placement opportunities. Through these experiences, students gain experience in the outreach athletic training setting.
To be considered for placement, the academic institution representing said students will need to have an affiliate site agreement in place.
Note: The Application below is for Athletic Training students who are looking to complete clinical education hours with an Athletico Athletic Trainer at one of our affiliations.
Pay Your Athletic Training bill using the button below
If you are looking for Athletico’s patient online bill pay, please click here.
Methods of Payment
Mail: You may submit your payment via check, money order or credit card. Credit and debit cards are accepted with the MasterCard, Visa or Discover logo. Return the top portion of your patient statement along with your payment method to the address provided on the patient statement.
Pay Bill Online Button: Credit and debit cards are accepted. Your card must contain the three digit CVV security code number on the back in order to use this service.
Telephone: You may contact our Athletic Training Management Team during operating business hours to pay your bill with a representative. Credit and debit cards are accepted.