Athletico is committed to keeping our patients and employees safe related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Learn More.
We’re More Than Physical Therapists
We want to help set you on a clear path toward life without pain. Seeing one of our experts first provides you with a personalized plan to reach your health goals and minimize the risk of future injury. We are passionate about exceptional care, and work closely with you throughout your treatment to get you back to the activities you love.
Your First Physical Therapy Session
Depending on your condition, a typical physical therapy session will last approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
Here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move around in and allows clinicians to access your point of pain. Sweatpants, gym shoes and other work out attire is preferred.
- Your appointment time reflects when treatment begins. We advise you to arrive 10 minutes early.
- Please complete your new patient forms and bring them with you to your first appointment, along with any medical assistive devices, such as a brace, splint or crutches.
- Call us if you are running late, so we can accommodate your schedule.
- Check in with the front desk when you arrive. Please do not begin any activities until you receive instruction from the staff.
- Provide valid photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, state ID or passport) in addition to your insurance card when you arrive.
- If you haven’t done so during your initial phone screen, please schedule out appointments per your plan of care to ensure you’re preferred day(s) and time(s).
We track your progress to ensure you meet your goals. To help us guide your care, we want to know what you think. We’ll ask you to complete a health status questionnaire when you start your treatment and ask follow-up questions throughout the time you spend with us.
In addition to our therapy services, many of our clinics offer massage therapy and personal training, as well as full-service health club amenities. Talk to a staff member if you would to learn more about these services
Your Condition and Follow-Up Treatment
During your first physical therapy session, your therapist will ask you detailed questions to determine your diagnosis and current condition. These questions will help your therapist create a personalized treatment plan and map out your journey to recovery.
Depending on your diagnosis and condition, follow-up appointments may consist of:
- Therapeutic exercises
- Specialized techniques
- Heat or cold therapy
- Discussion of your home exercise progress
- Ongoing education
- Massage therapy
What Happens Next?
Your physical therapy treatments take place in an open and welcoming environment. Each session is focused on your progress and safety. Private rooms are available, as needed during the course of treatment. Your therapist may also have a rehab aide work with you during treatment. These individuals are part of the physical therapy team and are trained to work with patients.
Approximately four weeks after your first visit, your therapist will complete a progress summary highlighting your improvement and recommendations for next steps on your treatment.