Physical and Occupational Therapy Virtual Treatment Options
Pain and injuries are never planned and if you are experiencing this you may be unsure about if seeking physical therapy treatment is appropriate at this time.
We are now providing virtual visits that allow you to have your condition assessed and treated from the comfort of your own home through a secure online video chat with a licensed healthcare professional. So whether you took a wrong step and twisted your ankle or woke up with a sore back, our team is available to help. You can be confident that their recommended treatment plan will help you recover and protect you from future injury.
Early intervention of physical therapy can eliminate the need for unnecessary medication, surgery or extensive imaging tests – including X-Rays, MRIs and CT scans. Delaying treatment could mean additional expenses and prolonged pain. Request an appointment virtually through a secure online video chat today and start feeling better tomorrow.
What you can expect:
- You have the choice between Facetime or Microsoft Teams for your virtual physical therapy visits. If you have an iPhone and are using Facetime, no download is necessary.
- If your visit was scheduled using Microsoft Teams, patients can join Teams via browser so you do not necessarily need to have the Teams app to connect to the appointment.
|For additional information about Telehealth services, read our Telehealth FAQs.|
To make the most of your virtual appointment:
- Ensure that your camera is on and that you are allowing video.
- Ensure your device is connected to a strong/stable internet connection. If using a cell phone, being connected to an internet source can provide a better connection
- Look to connect ~5 min prior to the start of your appointment. You may have a screen that says your appointment will begin once approved by your meeting host. We ask for your patience as our clinical team will begin the appointment at the scheduled time
- Ensure you have ample space needed to complete your session and make yourself comfortable. Choose a location in which you can be most comfortable both physically and emotionally. You will be asked by your therapist to move during your visit so make sure you have room to move. You want to be able to share information freely with your therapist so chose a location that is private and without distractions. The more comfortable you are in your surroundings the better the outcome of the visit will be.
- Choose a consistent location. Using the same space for every visit allows for your provider to know what equipment and furniture is available for treatment.
- Be prepared that you may potentially need to move your device into a position in which full visionary field can be achieved throughout the video call.
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow for movement that can be seen over video. Having snug fitting clothes allows for your provider to assess how parts of your body move to determine the best intervention.
- Learn more about which household items you can use to assist in your physical therapy session by clicking here.
- If you are unable to connect with your clinician, please call the clinic where you made your appointment and they will re-schedule. Due to the Covid-19 crisis, many networks are experiencing high volume that can cause disruption.
Athletico Physical Therapy is dedicated to providing safe, affordable and effective rehabilitation services to all of our patients. We are proud to offer telehealth virtual treatment options where patients can connect with a trusted medical expert through a secure online video chat. Patients tell their story best and we wanted to share their successful telehealth experiences. Read more below:
|“Being able to continue physical therapy from my home has been a great option during our current COVID 19 Pandemic. The telehealth therapy keeps my treatment on track, and allows me to maintain a safety level I feel comfortable with.” – Tammy | Athletico Bartlett|
|“I have been able to do all my PT through zoom, It’s almost like being in the clinic. My PT, Abby, is able to answer all my questions and work through any issues I am having. She is able to show me exactly what exercises I am to do and is able to make sure I am using the correct form. My exercises are always fresh and Abby has created many of my exercises to use with the equipment I already own. I am grateful to be able to continue my physical therapy.” – Colleen | Athletico Elmhurst|
|“Telehealth sessions work great. The process is easy, and knowing I can do PT through an app at home puts my mind at ease and keeps my focus on getting better after surgery. PT Leython is helpful and stays positive and I appreciate his understanding of my concerns. Thank you for having the telehealth option!” – Amy | Athletico Royal Oak|