Physical and Occupational Therapy Virtual Treatment Options
Pain and injuries are never planned, and if you are experiencing this, you may be unsure where to start your recovery journey.
Through our Telehealth services, we provide virtual visits that allow you to have your condition assessed and treated from the comfort of your home through a secure online video chat with a licensed healthcare professional. So whether you took a wrong step and twisted your ankle or woke up with a sore back, our team is available to help. You can be confident that their recommended treatment plan will help you recover safely and protect you from future injury.
Early intervention of physical therapy can eliminate the need for unnecessary medication, surgery, or extensive imaging tests – including X-Rays, MRIs, and CT scans. Delaying treatment could mean additional expenses and prolonged pain. Request an appointment virtually through a secure online video chat today so you can start feeling better tomorrow.
What you can expect:
- You can choose between Facetime or Microsoft Teams for your virtual physical therapy visits. No download is necessary if you have an iPhone and are using Facetime.
- If your visit was scheduled using Microsoft Teams, patients could join Teams via a browser, so you do not necessarily need to have the Teams app to connect to the appointment.
|For additional information about Telehealth services, read our Telehealth FAQs.|
To make the most of your virtual appointment:
- Ensure that your camera is on and you have enabled video through your device’s settings.
- Ensure your device is connected to a strong/stable internet connection. If using a cell phone, being connected to an internet source can provide a better connection.
- Look to connect ~5 min before the start of your appointment. You may have a screen that says your appointment will begin when your meeting host approves. We ask for your patience as our clinical team will begin the appointment at the scheduled time.
- Ensure you have ample space needed to complete your session and make yourself comfortable. Choose a location where you can be most physically and emotionally comfortable. Your therapist will ask you to perform some movements and exercises during your visit, so make sure you have room to move freely without coming into contact with nearby furniture, pets, etc. You want to be able to share information freely with your therapist so chose a private location without distractions. The more comfortable you are in your surroundings, the better the outcome of the visit will be.
- Choose a consistent location. Using the same space for every visit lets your provider know what equipment and furniture are available for treatment.
- Be prepared that you may potentially need to move your device into a position in which a full visionary field can be achieved throughout the video call.
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow for movement that can be seen over video. Having snug-fitting clothes allows your provider to assess how body parts move to determine the best intervention.
- Click here to learn about which household items you can use to assist in your physical therapy session.
- If you are unable to connect with your clinician, please call the clinic where you made your appointment, and they will re-schedule. Please understand that our clinics may be experiencing high volume at the time of your call, but we will try to assist you as best we can.
Athletico Physical Therapy is dedicated to providing our patients safe, affordable, and effective rehabilitation services. We are proud to offer telehealth virtual treatment options where patients can connect with a trusted medical expert through a secure online video chat. Patients tell their stories best, and we wanted to share their successful telehealth experiences. Read more below:
|“I had a great experience working with Danielle at Athletico virtually. She offered Telehealth which worked very well for me. It was very convenient, and Danielle was knowledgeable, communicative, and flexible around my schedule. While I don’t recommend getting injured, I do enthusiastically recommend Athletico, Danielle, and Telehealth to get back on your feet when you need it.” – Joshua G. | Hyde Park East|
|“Using my computer, we had sessions three times a week and I had considerable improvement. I reached all my goals and more. Christina outlined my programs, sent me visuals of the exercises for home use and cared a great deal and shared in our success.” – Pamela M. | Lake Geneva|
|“At first, I was doubtful how well Telehealth would work, and it was excellent! Haley patiently answered all my questions. She also provided resources for equipment and other types of workouts that have been very helpful. I highly recommend Athletico for your needs. You won’t be disappointed!” – Deanna H. | Barrington|