How We Can Help
Children deserve every opportunity when it comes to their futures, and Athletico takes great pride and care in making sure those opportunities are in reach. Our Pediatric Physical Therapy offers a comprehensive approach to helping children reach their highest level of independence within their environment. The program is designed for anyone 21 years of age or younger with impairments including orthopedic, musculoskeletal, neurologic, congenital, and developmental conditions.
Common diagnoses of patients appropriate for pediatric physical therapy include:
fractures, soft tissue, and sports related injuries
Physical therapy may be indicated to further develop motor skills such as sitting, crawling, walking, or balancing. Other issues that may be addressed are a loss of range of motion, flexibility, or strength, possibly due to injury, illness, or surgery. Our physical therapists, with special training in pediatric medical conditions, will evaluate a patient’s specific needs and design a unique program to address functional deficits.
- Therapeutic exercise
- Caregiver/patient education
- Functional mobility training
- Manual therapy techniques
- Stretching/manual range of motion exercises
- Proprioception/balance training
- Splinting/taping techniques
- A creative, fun, skilled approach to addressing strength and coordination deficits.