All patients with any kind of pain problem will benefit from dry needling. This innovative pain treatment can be used to treat a variety of diagnoses including:
- Headaches / Migraines
- Neck pain
- Lateral and medial Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Low back pain
- ITB syndrome
- Piriformis syndrome
- Greater trochanteric bursitis
- Hamstring strain
- Groin strain
- Ankle sprain Plantar Fasciitis
- Carpal Tunnel
Dry needling is a skilled intervention that uses a thin filiform needle to penetrate the skin and release underlying myofascial trigger points, muscular, and connective tissues for the management of neuromusculoskeletal pain and movement impairments. Dry needling (DN) is a technique used to treat dysfunctions in skeletal muscle, fascia, and connective tissue, and, diminish persistent peripheral nociceptive input, and reduce or restore impairments of body structure and function leading to improved activity and participation.
- Pregnancy. We recommend to not use dry needling during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Bleeding disorders. We recommend not to dry needle patients that have bleeding disorders.
- Local infection. We recommend not to use dry needling with patients that have local infection near or around the site.
Athletico is proud to partner with Myopain Seminars.
Learn more about myopain seminars and dry needling:
- APTA’S Physical Therapists & the Performance of Dry Needling: An Educational Resource Paper (PDF)
- APTA’s Description of Dry Needling in Clinical Practice (PDF)
- Trigger Point Dry Needling; An Evidence and Clinical-based Approach is now available. See http://www.myopainseminars.com/resources/books.html for details.
- Informational Video: http://www.myopainseminars.com/resources/video.html
To get started with Dry Needling therapy, request an appointment with Athletico Physical Therapy today!
Find a Dry Needling clinic near you!