Athletico Physical Therapy Opens in Urbana
Urbana, Ill. —Athletico’s newest location will open in the community of Urbana at 114 N. Vine St. Proud to combine with Accelerated Physical Therapy, Athletico is excited to continue their quality of care throughout the state of Illinois.
“I am excited about opening a 2nd clinic in the Champaign-Urbana area. This will give Athletico a larger footprint in the community.” Facility Manager, Rebecca Nef-Heffernan, PT, MHS, said. “This new location is conveniently close to the downtown Urbana area, Urbana High School and University of Illinois Laboratory High School.”
Services available at Athletico Urbana include:
- Graston Technique® – The Graston Technique® is a soft-tissue release technique that uses six patented stainless steel instruments of different shapes and sizes to fit the body as needed. The instruments are used to detect and treat scar tissue and soft-tissue restrictions that may be contributing to a patient’s symptoms and limiting his or her ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Endurance rehabilitation – Our professional staff is equipped to analyze and correct technique deviations, as well as treat injuries to return athletes to pre-injury performance levels.
- Work Comp – We work to develop a training protocol for the long-term success of work comp and safety programs by training, equipping, and supporting allied health and safety professionals.
- Astym® – The Astym® system is an evidence-based, non-invasive rehabilitation program that stimulates the body’s regenerative healing process. The goal of Astym® treatment is to encourage the body’s healing response by helping to rejuvenate muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Active Release Technique® – The Active Release Technique® is a soft-tissue mobilization technique that treats conditions such as headaches, back pains, plantar fasciitis, and knee problems, which are often associated with overused muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves.
- Complimentary injury screenings – A 30-minute free assessment performed by a licensed clinician who can review an injury or problem to your musculoskeletal complaint, as well as, assess movement impairments and discuss how this is affecting activities of daily living. Please note, restrictions apply. To learn more, or to schedule a complimentary injury screening, visit athletico.com/urbana or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, Athletico Urbana will provide:
- Convenient hours include early mornings, and evenings.
- Prompt scheduling of each initial evaluation within 24-48 hours of the patient’s phone call or online request.
- Ongoing patient education on diagnosis, treatment plans and prescribed home-exercise programs.
- Clear, consistent communication between therapist, physician and patient regarding progress.
114 N. Vine St.
Urbana, IL 61802
Phone: 217-352-3330 | www.athletico.com/urbana