Physical therapy is a non-invasive treatment method that can lower healthcare costs.
- According to the Alliance for Physical Therapy Quality and Innovation (APTQI), Medicare spending for those who received physical therapy as the first treatment option for low back pain was 19 percent less than the total average Medicare spending for those receiving injections first, and approximately 75 percent less than those receiving surgery first.
Physical therapy is a conservative treatment method that reduces or eliminates pain without medication.
- As many as one in four people who receive prescription opioids long term for noncancer pain in primary care settings struggle with addiction, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Physical therapy can help prevent future injuries by optimizing physical function.
- Evidence suggests that exercise alone or in combination with education is effective for preventing low back pain.
Why Choose Athletico?
Athletico is dedicated to clinical excellence.
- Clinicians have access to advanced certification opportunities through Athletico University, which brings clinical education courses in-house.
Athletico is committed to patient satisfaction.
- Athletico measures functional patient outcomes and patient satisfaction using a third-party outcomes system. Ninety-eight percent of our patients would refer us to a friend or family member.
Our staff is always available to answer patient questions.
- Instead of waiting to see if an injury will get better, patients can schedule a complimentary injury screen. This free assessment is performed by a licensed physical therapist, occupational therapist or athletic trainer who takes a subjective report of the patient’s musculoskeletal complaints.
If you think physical therapy would be beneficial to you, take the first step toward feeling better and schedule an appointment at a nearby Athletico location today.