What to Expect
Thank you for choosing Athletico to assist you in your rehabilitative process. As our patient, you are our partner in rehabilitation. Together, we will work as one team to reach your goals. At times, the road to recovery may present challenges, but with our expert knowledge and resources, Athletico will be there to make sure your body performs at its peak-today, tomorrow, and beyond.
Depending on your condition, a typical session will last approximately 60-90 minutes. Here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Remember to wear clothes that are suitable for your treatment.
- If you are running late, please call and let us know so that we can accommodate your schedule.
- Please notify us 24 hours in advance of your appointment if you need to cancel, otherwise you may be assessed a cancellation fee.
- It is Athletico’s policy to protect our patient’s identity and take steps to prevent, detect, and respond to suspected or confirmed identity theft. All new patients and clients will be required to provide valid photo identification (Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, School ID) in addition to their insurance card.
- Upon arriving, we ask that you check in with the front desk and have a seat until your therapist meets you. Please do not begin any activities until you receive instruction from the staff.
- As a courtesy to other patients, please turn off all cell phones during treatment.
Athletico offers additional services to maximize your progress. Many centers offer massage therapy and personal training as well as full service health club amenities. Please inquire within if you would like additional information about these programs and services.
Patient Satisfaction and Outcomes Surveys
Patients will be asked to complete a health status questionnaire using an iPad® mobile digital device at admission, mid-treatment, and discharge. The data provided rates your ability to do usual activities as well as your patient satisfaction. This information is shared with your treating clinician who can adjust your sessions to provide you with the most effective plan of treatment.
Once you have scheduled your appointment and have provided insurance information, as a courtesy we will verify your health insurance benefits for physical and/or occupational therapy. Please note that insurance quotes are not a guarantee of benefits or coverage. We encourage you to review and confirm your rehabilitation benefits with your insurance company as they may differ from your standard medical coverage. The following is intended to help you better understand our billing process:
- Your therapist will forward your daily charge to our Billing Center.
- Our billing center then submits these charges to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Athletico generally receives payment within 30-60 days.
- Athletico will provide you with an invoice after your insurance has paid or made a decision on services rendered (usually within 30-60 days).
Please feel free to contact our Billing Center at 630-575-6250, if you would like a record of your charges prior to you receiving your bill. Although it may take 30-60 days to receive a bill for your deductible and co-insurance, all co-pays are expected at time of service. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Evaluation and Follow-Up Treatments
During your first visit, your therapist will conduct an initial evaluation to assess your current condition. Your initial evaluation may consist of objective findings and testing followed by an appropriate treatment plan, encompassing a home-exercise program, and discussing the length and frequency of your rehabilitation. A copy of your Initial Evaluation will be sent to your physician. You and your therapist, in cooperation with your physician, will determine what goals are to be achieved during physical or occupational therapy. To ensure clear and concise communication to your doctor and insurance provider, your therapist will use electronic documentation during each visit to document your treatment and progression toward these goals.
Although it depends on your diagnosis and general condition, your follow-up appointments may consist of:
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Manual Therapy
- Modalities (Electrical & Thermal)
- Review of your home- exercise program and your goals
- Patient Education
- Functional/Activity-Specific Exercises
- Massage Therapy
In About 4 Weeks
Your therapist will complete a Progress Summary that will either be mailed or faxed to your physician, so please keep us informed of any upcoming follow-up visits you have with your doctor. This letter will inform your physician of your progress in therapy and will generally give one of the following recommendations:
A request for the approval of additional physical or occupational therapy for a specified amount of time. Generally, your physician signs a prescription that is attached to your Progress Note and returns it to us. The prescription is necessary in order to continue with care. As a courtesy to you, we will contact your physician’s office for an additional prescription. However, it is ultimately your responsibility to follow up with your physician to ensure the prescription is signed and returned to our office.
A recommendation to discharge you from therapy. Your physician may choose to discharge you if you have met your goals, are no longer progressing in therapy, or at her/his discretion.