5 Stretches To Bring With You When You’re On The GoLeave a Comment
Life never seems to slow down. A work event, then a workout followed by a musical for the kids – it doesn’t stop. Sometimes it seems like there isn’t enough time to get anything done. Tight muscles can pop up due to poor posture or stress throughout life’s busyness so let’s take a look at some easy stretches you can do on the go!
1. Neck stretch – sitting in a chair or standing, tilt your head to one side. Use your hand to gently increase the stretch on the opposite side of the neck. Hold this position for 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side. Perform three repetitions per side.
2. Front of thigh stretch – standing, grab one foot with your hand and pull it towards the buttock. Use your other hand to maintain balance by holding onto a solid surface such as a chair or table. The stretch should be felt on the front of the thigh. Hold this position for 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side. Perform three repetitions per side.
3. Back of thigh stretch – sitting with one leg straight and fully supported on a table/bed, the other foot on the ground, gently leaning forward at the waist. The stretch should be felt on the back of the thigh. Hold this position for 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side. Perform three repetitions per side.
4. Calf stretch – standing with one leg offset in front of the other, keeping the back knee straight and heel flat on the ground, then leaning forward. Perform this at a wall and use your hands on the wall to maintain your balance. The stretch should be felt in the calf of the back leg; hold this position for 30 seconds. Switch your feet and repeat the stretch on the other leg. Perform three repetitions on each leg.
5. Middle back stretch – sitting or standing, reach both hands in front of you, turn your thumbs down and then clasp your hands together. Next, reach your clasped hands together and tuck your chin towards your chest. The stretch should be felt in the middle/upper back; hold the stretch for 30 seconds. Perform three repetitions.
Experiencing Pain? Come see us!
Do any of these stretches cause you pain? Or maybe you’ve tried these stretches to help with the pain you already had? Athletico can help. Schedule a free assessment with our team. During the assessment, one of our talented rehab professionals will help you determine the cause of your pain. Then they will provide you with information on the next best steps to resolve your pain and help you achieve your goals. Free assessments are available in-clinic and virtually through our telehealth platform.
*Per federal guidelines, beneficiaries of plans such as Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, VHA and other federally funded plans are not eligible for free assessments.
The Athletico blog is an educational resource written by Athletico employees. Athletico bloggers are licensed professionals who abide by the code of ethics outlined by their respective professional associations. The content published in blog posts represents the opinion of the individual author based on their expertise and experience. The content provided in this blog is for informational purposes only, does not constitute medical advice and should not be relied on for making personal health decisions.