Welcome to Athletico Iowa City Downtown! We offer a variety of physical therapy, rehabilitation and work comp services to help patients get back to doing what they love to do.
Athletico Iowa City Downtown is conveniently located at the corner of South Madison Street and West Burlington Street, across the street from the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center and next to Kum and Go gas station.
As experienced professionals, our physical therapists create custom treatment plans for each patient’s healthcare needs. Our services include:
- Free Assessments – If you have a strain, sprain or nagging pain, you can see one of our experts for a free, 30-minute assessment. We evaluate your injury and recommend treatment. *Restrictions apply.
- Physical Therapy – Our physical therapists offer treatment for a variety of conditions, including back and neck pain, muscle strains and sprains, joint replacement therapy, vestibular rehabilitation, as well as sport, work or auto injuries.
- Work Comp – Our work comp specialists are trained to assess work environment and worker behaviors in order to provide customized intervention techniques and programs. Services include work conditioning, functional capacity evaluations and more.
- Click the Services tab to see what else we offer.
As part of our commitment to patient care, our clinic offers convenient hours, including early mornings and evenings. Athletico Iowa City Downtown also leverages third-party patient outcome reporting to provide measurable data on each patient’s progression throughout the course of treatment.
“I am ecstatic to open the Iowa City Downtown location! As a therapist who has worked closely with the University of Iowa students the past several years, I’m so happy to offer easier access to therapy. This location will be within walking distance students and we’ll also be another convenient option for University of Iowa employees.” – Danielle McIntyre, Clinic Manager
- COVID-19 Recovery and Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Telehealth: Virtual Treatment Options
- Free Assessment
- 3P Program for ACL Injuries
- Back Pain/Spine Specialty
- Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation
- Endurance Rehabilitation
- Functional Movement Screens™
- Gymnastics and Cheerleading Rehabilitation
- Concussion and Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Headache Rehabilitation
- Hip Preservation and Rehabilitation
- ImPACT Baseline Testing
- Joint Replacement Physical Therapy
- Manual Therapy
- TMJ | TMD Therapy
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Video Gait & Running Analysis
- Video Throwing Analysis
- Work Injuries
- Workers’ Compensation
- Work Conditioning
- Pain Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Auto Accident Injuries
- Access HealthNet
- American Specialty Health (ASH)
- Ancillary Care Services
- Cedar Rapids PHO
- Cedar Valley Community Healthcare
- Choice Care Network
- First Health
- Fortified Provider Network
- GEHA/PPO USA
- Health Alliance
- Humana/Humana Medicare
- Midlands Choice
- Midlands Choice Rockwell
- Mutual of Omaha
- National Care Network (NCN)
- Preferred Choices
- Preferred One
- Premier Provider Network, Inc. (PPNI)
- Reny Company
- Rising Medical Solutions
- U A Local 125 Health/Welfare
- United Healthcare
- Unity Choice
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Iowa
As a courtesy to our patients, we verify insurance coverage and communicate a quote of therapy benefits from your insurance carrier. Please contact the Billing Center at 630-575-6250 if you have any questions regarding coverage of your insurance carrier or insurance carriers not listed. You may also call any Athletico clinic near you with insurance questions.
Education: Doctorate of PT, Univ of Iowa
Specializes in: Physical Therapy, Orthopedic (Bone, Muscle, Joint) Injuries, Neck and Back Pain, Pain Neuroscience Education Provider
Education: Doctorate of PT, Missouri State Univ
Specializes in: Physical Therapy, Orthopedic (Bone, Muscle, Joint) Injuries, Neck and Back Pain, ACL Rehabilitation, Blood Flow Restriction, Certified Orthopaedic Manual Therapist, Endurance Athlete Rehabilitation, Hip Specialist, Video Running Analysis