Athletico’s Student Clinical Education Department is designed to enhance the learning of physical therapy, physical therapy assistant, and occupational therapy students in the clinical setting. Our clinical instructors are dedicated to enhancing the knowledge of their students, as well as expanding their skill set to prepare the students for meeting the competencies required of entry-level clinicians.
Athletico is proud to be affiliated with accredited Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy programs throughout the nation. This is a reflection on the quality of education and support that students receive at our clinical sites. In addition to working with APTA and NBCOT-credentialed Clinical Instructors, students have full access to many additional benefits including:
- Athletico University
- Exposure to other healthcare professionals (PTs, OTs, CHTs, ATs, CSCS, LMTs)
- Athletico programs and specialized services including: Occupational/Hand Therapy, Work Rehabilitation, ACL 3P, Vestibular/Concussion, Endurance, Movement Performance, Gym/Cheer, Headache/TMD, Hip Preservation, Spine Specialist, Overhead Athlete, Pediatrics, Performing Arts, Prosthetics, and Women’s and Men’s Health.
- Specialized techniques include: Active Release Technique®, Alter G® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®, Astym®, Blood Flow Restriction, Dry Needling, Graston Technique®, HawkGrips, Lymphedema and Motion Analysis.
- Exposure to therapists with advanced certifications such as Orthopedic Clinic Specialist (OCS), Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS), Manual Therapy Certification, Fellowship or Certified Hand Therapist (CHT).
- Surgical observation
Specialty Clinical Experiences
Some of our specialty programs require an application process, in order for the student to be placed with a CI who specializes in a specific service area. Application to a specialty clinical experience requires the student to be on their Final rotation and be proficient with general OP Orthopedics before applying this knowledge to a specialty area. The academic Director of Clinical Education may contact your local SCCE, or email email@example.com to inquire about our availability.
- Performing Arts Clinical Application
- Orthopedic Specialty Clinical Application
- Vestibular Specialty Clinical Application
- Women’s and Men’s Health/Pelvic Health Specialty Clinical Application
Job Shadow/Student Observation Opportunities
Information for DPT, OT/OTD, or PTA Students
If you are interested in setting up one of your clinical rotation experiences with Athletico, then please communicate with the Director of Clinical Education, DCE, at your academic institution. Your DCE will contact Athletico to make appropriate arrangements. The Site Coordinator of Clinical Education, SCCE, is responsible for coordinating assignments and activities of students within Athletico. Your local SCCE will ask you to provide a list of your preferred top 5 locations, then your SCCE will work to find the best location and Clinical Instructor, CI, to fit your request.
Information for Academic Institutions
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information to establish a contract and become an affiliate academic institution with Athletico.
*Athletico has additional contracts with academic institutions and we place students from these additional academic institutions on an as needed basis. Please contact us with questions at email@example.com.
For established academic affiliates, please contact your Site Coordinator of Clinical Education, SCCE, directly for placement of students in each territory. SCCE contact information will be dispersed to the DCE of each academic institution during yearly commitment forms.
- If you should have any questions regarding Athletico Physical Therapy Student Clinical Education Experiences, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you should have any questions regarding the Athletico Occupational/Hand Therapy Student Clinical Education Experiences, please contact: email@example.com
- Shadow/Observation opportunities: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org