South Loop: Michigan Ave.Request an Appointment
Address/Directions1509 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
Get Directions >
To contact us by email, please register or sign in to Athletico's Secure Message Center. Once signed in, forward your questions to SouthLoopMichigan@athletico.com.
Physical Therapy in the South Loop: Michigan Avenue, Chicago
Welcome to Athletico South Loop: Michigan Avenue!
Athletico South Loop Michigan Avenue is conveniently located in the heart of Chicago’s “south loop” off Michigan Avenue between 14th and 16th streets, close to public transportation, fine dining and a variety of recreational activities. As part of our commitment to patient care, Athletico South Loop Michigan Avenue offers convenient hours, including early mornings and evenings. For those patients whom commute within the downtown area, our clinic also provides ample parking during physical therapy treatments.
As highly trained professionals, our physical therapists have over thirty years of combined expertise providing physical therapy for endurance athletes, gymnasts, sports medicine, women’s health, worker’s compensation, auto injury, pre and post-surgical patients. Our physical therapists also have developed specialties in manual therapy, 3P Program for ACL injuries and dry needling, which help patients get back to doing what they love to do. Our physical therapists also create personalized treatment plans that meet each patient’s healthcare and rehabilitation needs.
Our rehabilitation services keep patients moving forward!
- Complimentary Injury Screenings – Patients can take advantage of a free, 30-minute assessment performed by a licensed clinician who reviews the patient’s injury, musculoskeletal complaint or movement impairment. Restrictions apply.
- Physical Therapy – Our physical therapists offer treatment for a variety of conditions, including back and neck pain, muscle strains and sprains, joint replacement therapy, as well as sport, work or auto injuries.
- Endurance Rehabilitation – From recreational joggers to competitive runners, Athletico’s endurance program works to achieve the goals of each athlete.
- Gymnastics and Cheerleading Rehabilitation – Gymnasts and cheerleaders are evaluated, treated and educated to prevent competition-related injuries.
- Women’s Health— Whether it is for preventative or restorative services, we can help you achieve optimal health at every stage of life.
- Work Comp – Our work comp specialists are trained to assess work environment and worker behaviors in order to provide customized intervention techniques and programs.
- ACL 3P Program – helps athletes with ACL injuries learn how to reduce injury risk, progress through rehabilitation and perform at their highest level.
- Click the Services tab to see what else we offer.
Specialty treatment techniques.
Dry Needling is a skilled intervention that uses a thin filiform needle to penetrate the skin and stimulate underlying myofascial trigger points, muscular, and connective tissues for the management of neuromusculoskeletal pain and movement impairments.
The Astym® system is an evidence-based, non-invasive rehabilitation program that stimulates the body’s regenerative healing process.
The Graston Technique® is a soft-tissue release technique that uses six patented stainless steel instruments to detect and treat scar tissue and soft-tissue restrictions that may be contributing to a patient’s symptoms and limiting his or her ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Complimentary Injury Screen
- Physical Therapy
- Workers’ Compensation
- Video Gait Analysis
- 3P Program For ACL Injuries
- Dry Needling
- Endurance Rehabilitation
- Manual Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Performing Arts Rehabilitation
- Graston Technique®
- Functional Movement Screens™
- Work Conditioning
- Golf Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Active Release Techniques (ART)
- Graston Technique
- ASTYM Soft Tissue Treatment
- Mόwimy po Polsku
- All Work Comp Insurance Accepted
- Access HealthNet
- Advocate Health Centers
- Align Networks/One Call
- AMCC Case Management
- Ancillary Care Services
- BCBS of Illinois HMOI
- BCBS of Illinois PPO, Blue Choice POS, Blue Advantage PPO, Workers Choice
- BCE Emergis
- Bradley Bourbonnais Community High School
- Caterpillar Health Network
- Chicago Health Systems
- Corvel / CorCare
- DuPage Medical Group
- Employers Coaliation on Health (ECOH)
- Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Medical Group
- First Health/CCN/Affordable PPO
- Health Finest Network (HFN)
- Hines VA Medical Center
- Imagine Health
- Integra Group
- Integrated Health Plans PPO
- Kane County IPA
- Medical Care Group
- Mohr Health Systems
- Mutual of Omaha
- National Care Network (NCN)
- Northwest Community Health Partners (NWHP)
- Northwestern Medicine Physician Partners
- Payer Fusion
- Personal Care
- Physicians Care Network (PCN)
- Preferred Network Access (PNA)
- Premier Provider Network, Inc. (PPNI)
- Provider Select, Inc.
- Southland IPA
- Swedish Covenant Physician Partners
- Unicare HealthLink
- Unified Physicians Network (UPN)
- United Healthcare
- University of Illinois
- Well Group Health Partners
Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Tuesday||6:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||6:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
Review us on Google+