Did you know you can reduce your patients’ risk of addiction dependency and health care costs by referring to physical therapy first? Patients who see a physical therapist before utilization of any other treatment options have:1
- 89% lower probability of eventually needing opioid prescription
- 72% lower costs within first year of patients seeking care
- 66% lower probability of having advance imaging services
- 55% lower probability of having major surgery
What Experts are Saying:
“A non-drug approach such as physical therapy is recommended over long-term or high-dosage use of addictive prescription painkillers.” – CDC
“Don’t do imaging for low back pain within the first six weeks, unless red flags are present. It does not improve outcomes, but does increase costs.” – American Association of Family Practitioners
Why Should You Prescribe Athletico Physical Therapy for Pain?
Minimize Risk – Movement, exercise and patient education are utilized to minimize pain and decrease risk of opioid abuse, addiction and overdose.
Co-Manage Patients – Oversee your patients advancement through a detailed initial evaluation, appointments, progress notes and discharge summary.
Patient Satisfaction – 98% of Athletico patients would recommend us to their family and friends.
Why Athletico Physical Therapy?
- Highly trained clinicians offering a multitude of specialties that align with your
- Early access to physical therapy decreases the risk for opioids, injections, surgery and
- Adherence to clinical best practice guidelines to improve outcomes
- Efficient scheduling within 24-48 hours of referral
- Flexible hours allow for early morning, evening and Saturday appointments
1. “Physical Therapy as the First Point of Care to Treat Low Back Pain: An Instrumental Variables Approach to Estimate Impact on Opioid Prescription, Health Care Utilization, and Costs.” Health Services Research, 2018.