ImPACT Baseline Testing
IMPACT BASELINE TESTING
This Concussion baseline test option is taken in the non-concussed state. Should a concussion occur, baseline results are used throughout the treatment to ensure rehabilitation returns brain function back to baseline. Baseline tests should be administered by a physician, athletic trainer, or physical therapist.
What patients need to know about ImPACT:
- ImPACT is a computerized baseline test that takes approximately 25 minutes to complete.
- The test will process the overall speed and reaction time of the patient as well as non-verbal problem solving, attention span, and memory.
- The test provides outcomes that can assist with return to participation, or developing a rehabilitation plan, should an injury occur.
- Testing is available to take individually, or with a team/group.
Physician will use baseline results should a head injury and/or concussion occur.
Athletico Physical Therapy Treatment Options:
- ImPACT Frequently Asked Questions
- Email email@example.com
- Return every other year to keep your baseline results up to date
REMEMBER: ImPACT® test results should be used as only one source of information regarding the athlete’s level of functioning. Diagnostic or return-to-play decisions should be based on an evaluation by medical personnel in accordance with usual and standard medical practices.