Benefits Of Aquatic Therapy
Our Aquatic Therapy Program is beneficial to most anyone seeking to increase strength, decrease pain, and improve function. We specialize in Aquatic Physical Therapy using the properties of water coupled with traditional physical therapy techniques to provide comprehensive healing. The beauty of aquatic therapy is that it is appropriate for any ability or phase of rehabilitation.
- Aquatic Therapy takes place in a pain-free, stress-free, warm and relaxing atmosphere, one-on-one with the therapist.
- The buoyancy provided by the water assists in supporting the weight of the patient. This decreases the amount of weight bearing, which reduces the force of stress placed on the joints. By decreasing the amount of joint stress, it is easier and less painful to perform exercises.
- The warmth of the water during Aquatic Therapy assists in relaxing muscles and increasing blood flow to injured areas. This environment also allows the patient the ability to move with less pain in ways that they are unable to move on land.
- Patients with muscle spasms, back pain, and fibromyalgia find this aspect of Aquatic Therapy especially therapeutic.
What to Expect in Your Aquatic Therapy Session
- The length of time in the pool will vary depending on your treatment needs.
- You do not have to be a “swimmer.” Just be able to relax in the water.