Stay Mobile and Active with the Help of Physical Therapy
Patients with Parkinson’s Disease experience balance impairments, postural and gait dysfunction, and poor movement. If you or someone you know has Parkinson’s Disease, physical therapy can help.
LSVT BIG is a treatment program for Parkinson’s Disease and other similar conditions. Patients who complete physical therapy from clinicians certified in LSVT BIG are more likely to reduce the risk for falls, reduce the disease progression of Parkinson’s, and maintain independent function longer.
Athletico Physical Therapy’s LSVT BIG program:
- Month-long, intensive, one-on-one program for PD patients at any stage of the disease.
- Certified LSVT BIG specialists will work with the patient to identify their goals.
- Individualized treatment plans are created based on standard exercises adjusted to the patient’s functional level targeted to their specific deficits. These exercises help to allow the patient to move on a more normal scale, improve their speed of movement, and reduce their risk for falls.
Patients May Experience:
- Ataxia (Degenerative disease of the nervous system)
- Impaired Balance
- Fall Risk
- Bradykinesia (Slowness of movement)
- Gait Dysfunction (Changes in your regular walking pattern)
- Postural Dysfunction
- Decreased Coordination
Athletico Physical Therapy Treatment Options:
When working with an Athletico Physical Therapist, each patient is assessed to create an individualized treatment plan. Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease can include:
- LSVT BIG Program
- Seated postural exercises
- Standing postural exercises
- Standing balance exercises
- Pre-gait work
- Gait patterning (pattern of walking)
- Functional activities
Request an appointment at an Athletico near you and ask about LSVT BIG treatment for Parkinson’s Disease.