Women’s Health Experts You Can Trust
Our devotion to women’s health and wellness starts with a select group of physical therapists who have received specialized training in the treatment and education of women’s health issues. Not only will patients undergoing women’s health therapy receive one-on-one treatment with a skilled therapist in a private and comfortable setting, but they will also receive the latest research, education and treatment methods for the most advanced plan of care. Whether it is for preventive or restoration (restorative) services, our physical therapists are the experts women can trust!
Our women’s health therapy service specializes in the following conditions and treatment options:
- Female Athlete – Female athletes of all ages may experience orthopedic injuries (ACL, Hip Labrum, ankle sprains, low back pain). We will assess your individual female biomechanics to best address any stability/mobility deficits and enhance sports performance, as well as return to sport/play.
- Breast Cancer Care –Treatments include exercises for improving range of motion, decreasing muscle tightness, improving scar/implant mobility and shoulder strength. Swelling or lymphedema concerns will also be assessed.
- Chronic Pelvic Pain – Treatments include muscle re-education/strengthening/relaxation exercises. Functional activity of daily living alternatives, postural education, spinal/pelvic alignment corrections, and biofeedback training may be addressed.
- Diastasis Recti – Treatments include exercises that integrate your abdominal muscles with the entire pelvic core neuromuscular system. We will instruct you in how to manage intra-abdominal pressure to maximize core stability. Mobility of the hips, spine and subtalar joints will also be addressed.
- Lymphedema – Treatments include exercise, manual lymphatic drainage, compression bandaging, proper wound care, scar massage and an individualized home exercise program.
- Osteoporosis – Treatments include education on ways to reduce the risk of falling, including safe techniques to move, lift and perform daily tasks. Our team will also provide instruction on proper weight-bearing exercises.
- Prenatal and Postnatal Care – Treatments include instruction on proper body mechanics to prevent back pain, pre/postnatal manual therapy, as well as exercises to strengthen the entire pelvic core neuromuscular system and prepare you for labor and delivery. Fourth trimester issues will also be assessed and appropriate manual therapy and exercise will be prescribed. Programming for return to exercise, as well as return to impact, will be included.
- Sacro-Iliac (SI) Dysfunction – Treatments include manual techniques/mobilizations/muscle energy techniques, flexibility for the lower back/lower extremity muscles, strengthening throughout the pelvic core neuromuscular system and patient education.
- Urinary Incontinence – Treatments include strengthening exercises for the pelvic floor muscles, education on fluid, diet, and lifestyle modifications, as well as biofeedback training. Learn more by taking our bladder quiz and talking to a Women’s health specialist.
To learn more about women’s health be sure to check out the Athletico Blog. Or find an Athletico Women’s Health Therapist near you using the button below!